Tuna and macadamia patties
- 425g tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cooked, mashed
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 160g macadamia nuts, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 green onion (shallot), chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated, rind only
- Egg, lightly beaten
- Tartare sauce and side salad, to serve
- Step 1 - Place tuna, potato, green onion, rind, horseradish cream, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Mix well. Form into 8 patties and roll in nuts, pressing down to coat evenly. Place on a tray, chill for 15 mins.
- Step 2 Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium. Cook patties for 2 mins each side until golden.
- Step 3 Serve patties with tartare sauce and a side salad.