Spinach, roasted pumpkin and walnut salad
- 900g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and tender, turning halfway during cooking. Allow to cool on tray.
- Step 2 - Make walnut dressing: Heat oil in a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until walnuts are lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Combine spinach and pumpkin in a serving bowl. Add dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve.