Spinach, lamb and cheese pie
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g baby spinach
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 eggwhites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil cooking spray
- salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add lamb and garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add spinach. Cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer mixture to a colander. Stand for 10 minutes to cool. Lightly press with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place mixture in a large bowl.
- Step 3 - Add ricotta, eggwhites, dill, feta and parmesan. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Roll up filo sheets. Thinly slice into ribbons. Spoon lamb mixture into prepared pan. Top with filo.
- Step 4 - Spray filo with oil. Place pan on a baking tray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set and pastry golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes. Serve with salad leaves.