- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 white-flour tortillas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure (thin) cream
- Step 1 - For the salsa, combine tomato, chilli, half the coriander and 2 teaspoons of oil. Add Tabasco if desired, and season to taste.
- Step 2 - Wrap the stacked tortillas in paper towel, place on a plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Turn stack and heat for a further 30 seconds. Or heat in the oven according to packet directions.
- Step 3 - Lightly whisk the eggs with the cream and remaining coriander. Season. Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, pour in eggs and, using a wooden spoon, fold for 2 minutes until scrambled and almost set. Remove from the heat. Working with one tortilla at a time (keep the rest covered as you work), spoon some egg down the centre, top with salsa and fold over the sides to enclose. Secure with a paper napkin if desired, and serve with any remaining salsa on the side.