- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 x 90g packets boiled lollies (you can use sugar-free fruit drops)
- Step 1 - Using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and orange rind until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in flour. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line large baking trays with baking paper. Unwrap 1 portion of dough. Roll between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 7.5cm star cutter, cut stars from dough. Place onto trays, 1cm apart. Using a 3.5cm star cutter, cut small stars out of the centre of each large star. Repeat with remaining dough, re-rolling dough scraps (refrigerate dough if getting too soft to handle).
- Step 3 - Place 1 fruit drop in the centre of each star. Bake, one tray at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuits are firm but not browned. Set aside to cool on trays.