- You'll need 8 thick skewers for this recipe.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1/2 brown onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 200g tabouli (see Related recipes)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 4 pita bread
- 200g hommus
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Soak skewers (see hint) in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2 - Place mince, onion, cumin, coriander, breadcrumbs and egg into a bowl. Using clean hands, mix to combine.
- Step 3 - Divide mixture into 8 portions. Roll each into a thin sausage shape. Thread 1 skewer through the centre of each sausage. Place onto a plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 4 - Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 10 minutes, turning, or until cooked through.
- Step 5 - Combine tabouli, tomato and cucumber. Top each pita bread with tabouli mixture, skewers and hommus. Serve with lemon wedges.