- You'll need 12 skewers.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700g chicken tenderloins, halved lengthways
- 1 1/3 cups SunRice Jasmine Fragrant Rice
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup satay (barbecue) sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- olive oil cooking spray
- steamed Asian greens, to serve
- Step 1 - Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 - Combine soy sauce, honey, turmeric, garlic and oil in a ceramic bowl. Add chicken pieces.. Turn to coat well. Thread chicken onto skewers. Spoon over marinade. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 3 - Cook rice, following packet directions. Use a fork to separate grains. Add onions.
- Step 4 - Place satay sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 5 - Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with satay mixture. Serve with rice and Asian greens.