Salmon patties with minted yoghurt
- 500g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, cut into 5mm cubes
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray. Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Mash. Cool completely.
- Step 2 - Add salmon, corn, chives, parsley and lemon rind to potato. Stir to combine. Use 1/3 cup mixture at a time to make 8 patties.
- Step 3 - Place flour on a plate. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow dish. Coat 1 patty in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining patties, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs. Spray patties with oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until golden.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, make minted yoghurt Place yoghurt in a bowl. Add mint and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.