Roasted pumpkin, spinach and feta slice
- 1.2kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- 100g baby spinach
- 75g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 8 thin slices crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Place pumpkin and onion in roasting pan. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Spread vegetables over base of pan. Roast for 18 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender. Remove from oven. Place spinach over vegetables and stand for 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Step 2 - Grease a 3.5cm deep, 16.5cm x 26cm (base) slab pan or baking dish. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends. Spread pumpkin, onion and spinach over base of pan. Top with feta.
- Step 3 - Whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over feta. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.