Roast vegie free-form pies
- 700g butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways and cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- Few fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- 1 red onion, cut into 3cm pieces
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 190C or 170C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread vegetables on the tray in a single layer and spray with oil. Roast for 25 mins turning once until tender. Cool.
- Step 2 - Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using a bowl as a guide, cut 6cm x 13cm circles from pastry. Crumble fetta into middle of each pastry round and top with vegetables leaving a 3cm border around edge. Fold pastry up over vegetables, pleating edges with fingers so it stays in place. Transfer to prepared trays and brush pastry with egg wash.
- Step 3 - Bake pies for 25-30 mins until pastry is golden brown. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with thyme.