Raspberry custard French toast
- 8 slices multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons thick custard
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- extra-light olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (see note)
- Step 1 - Place bread slices on workbench. Using a rolling pin, roll out to flatten. Spoon 2 teaspoons of custard into the centre of 4 slices. Top with raspberries.
- Step 2 - Separate 1 egg. Using a fork, whisk eggwhite until frothy. Brush bread edges with eggwhite. Top with remaining bread slices and pinch edges together to seal.
- Step 3 - Whisk remaining egg, egg yolk and milk in a shallow dish. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Dip 1 French toast into egg mixture and turn to coat. Place in frying pan. Repeat with another French toast. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a board. Repeat with remaining French toast. Cut toast in half. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve.