Raspberry and lemonade cordial
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 cup (250ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tartaric acid
- Mineral water, to serve
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine the raspberries, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice and tartaric acid in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push as much pulp through as possible. Return to a clean saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Step 2 - Carefully pour into a sterilised bottle and seal. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Step 3 - Pour cordial into serving glasses and top with mineral water and ice to serve.