Quick crunchy-topped vegetable pasta bake
- 375g dried penne
- 2 cups frozen carrot, cauliflower and broccoli (see note)
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels (see note)
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 cups grated tasty cheese
- 420g can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Step 2 - Cook the pasta following the packet directions, adding the frozen carrot, cauliflower and broccoli mix, and corn in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl.
- Step 4 - Drain pasta and vegetables. Return to pan. Add tomato soup, tomato paste, garlic powder, mixed herbs and capsicum. Season well with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 5 - Transfer mixture to an 8-cup-capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until top is golden and bake is heated through. Stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with salad leaves.