Prawn, lime & avocado burritos
- 12 medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 mignonette lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried, shredded
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 105g (1 3/4 cups) finely gratedvintage cheddar
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons drained sliced jalapeno chillies (omit if cooking for kids)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine prawns, oil and garlic in a glass bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add prawns and cook for 3 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3 - Wipe pan with paper towel. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook 1 tortilla for 30 seconds each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Step 4 - Top tortillas with lettuce, avocado, onion, prawns, cheese, coriander and chillies. Drizzle with lime juice and roll up tightly to enclose, leaving 1 end open. Serve burritos with lime wedges.