Pork and apple sausage rolls
- 4 Granny Smith or Golden
- Delicious apples
- 60g butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 thick pork sausages (see note)
- 4 bread rolls
- 450g red cabbage, shredded, blanched
- wholegrain mustard, to serve
- Step 1 - Peel, core and slice apples into 1.5cm-thick rings. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the apples. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn apples over. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, or until apples are light golden and just tender. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Step 2 - Reduce heat to low. Return all apples to frying pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook, turning often, for 2 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly. Halve lengthways.
- Step 4 - Split rolls in half lengthways. Preheat grill on medium heat. Place rolls, cut-side up, onto grill tray. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Step 5 - Top roll bases with cabbage, apples, sausages and mustard. Cover with roll tops. Serve.