- 1 egg white
- 340g (2 3/4 cups) icing sugar
- 2-3 drops peppermint essence
- 2-3 drops green food colouring
- 55g dark or milk chocolate
- Step 1 - Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Whisk the egg white until frothy but not stiff. Sift the icing sugar over the egg and add the peppermint essence. Stir to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 separate bowls and add the green colour to one. Roll teaspoonsful of the mixture into smooth balls. Place the balls on the lined trays and flatten with a fork. Leave in a cool place for 24 hours to set.
- Step 2 - Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3 - Dip one half of some of the peppermint creams into the melted chocolate and transfer to a wire rack to set.