Pear, banana and cinnamon pikelets
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 40g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 packham pear, cored, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Reduced-fat passionfruit yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine milk, butter and vanilla in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stir in banana and pear. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 - Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter into pan to make 4 pikelets. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 16 pikelets. Serve with yoghurt.