- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 400g jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups small pasta, of your choice
- Chopped parsley and grated parmesan, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Saute onion for 2-3 mins, until tender.
- Step 2 - Add mince. Brown well, breaking up with the back of a spoon as it browns. Stir in sauce, mushrooms, wine and water. Bring to the boil.
- Step 3 - Reduce heat. Stir in pasta. Simmer for 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Season to taste. Serve immediately, topped with parsley and parmesan.