No-fuss chicken goulash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons no-added salt tomato paste
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- 300g dried fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1 - Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2 - Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, mushroom, capsicum, garlic and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and 1 cup cold water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened. Season with pepper.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 4 - Divide pasta and goulash between serving bowls. Top with sour cream. Serve sprinkled with chives.