Moroccan chicken rissoles
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 750g chicken mince
- 1/3 cup currants
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups tabouli (see note)
- Lebanese bread, to serve
- Step 1 - Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Stir with a fork to combine. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Allow to cool.
- Step 2 - Add mince, currants, seasoning and parsley to couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, roll mixture into 16 balls. Flatten slightly. Place rissoles on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 3 - Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-low heat. Spray both sides rissoles with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with tabouli and bread.