Moroccan carrot and coriander soup
- A large stock pot or saucepan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1.2kg) Coles Australian lamb shanks
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat half the oil in a large stock pot or saucepan over medium-high heat. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Cook lamb shanks for 5 mins or until browned all over. Remove to a plate.
- Step 2 - Heat remaining oil in the same pot or pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 5 mins or until softened. Add garlic and Moroccan seasoning and cook for 1 min or until aromatic. Return lamb along with tomatoes, stock, 3 cups (750ml) water and cinnamon. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour 45 mins or until lamb is tender and falling off the bone.
- Step 3 - Remove lamb shanks to a plate. Once cool enough to handle, shred meat and return to the soup along with chickpeas and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 mins or until soup is heated through. Remove cinnamon quill. Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread.