Mini Spinach, Feta and Mushroom Gozleme
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons (7g sachet) instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 100g baby spinach
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 50g tasty cheese, grated
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve yeast. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Step 2 - Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 20 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until softened. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add currants and spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach has just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a sieve placed over a bowl to drain excess liquid. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 - Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll 1 piece dough into a 10cm x 15cm rectangle. Combine feta and cheese in a small bowl. Place one-eighth spinach mixture over one half of rectangle. Top with cheese mixture. Fold dough over to enclose filling. Press edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough, spinach mixture and cheese mixture.
- Step 5 - Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Brush one side of each gozleme with half the remaining oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until base is golden. Brush uncooked side with remaining oil. Turn over. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer gozleme to plates. Cut in half. Serve with lemon wedges.