Mango and coconut mousse cake
- 200g natural seed mix with pine nuts, toasted
- 150g (1 cup) fresh pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 750g mangoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, plus extra, to serve
- 560g ctn Rachel's Mango & Madagascan Vanilla Gourmet low-fat yoghurt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light coconut milk
- 7 gelatine leaves
- 4 mangoes, extra, peeled, to decorate
- Passionfruit pulp, to serve
- Step 1 - Grease and line base and side of a 22cm (base measurement) round spring form pan. Process seeds, dates, coconut and oil in a food processor until well combined. Use damp hands to press seed mixture over base of pan. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Step 2 - Process mango, syrup and rind until smooth. Add yoghurt and coconut milk. Pulse until just combined. Soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze to remove excess water. Place gelatine in non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring twice, for 30-60 seconds until dissolved. Cool for 30 seconds. With motor running, gradually add gelatine to mango mixture. Pour over cake base. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to set.
- Step 3 - Thinly slice cheeks of extra mangoes, lengthways. Remove cake from pan. Place on a serving plate. Starting from the middle, arrange mango slices on the cake to form a flower. Sprinkle with pulp and extra rind.