Mandarin and ginger pancakes with pecans
- 20g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mandarin juice (see note)
- 3 mandarins, segmented
- 6 ready-made fresh pancakes, halved, warmed (see note)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Step 1 - Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Add ginger. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add sugar and mandarin juice. Cook for 1 minute or until reduced slightly. Add mandarin segments. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Step 2 - Spread each pancake half with sour cream. Divide mandarin mixture and pecans evenly between pancake halves. Fold to enclose. Serve dusted with icing sugar.