Lemon and fresh herb prosciutto layered chicken
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Ruby Lou or Red Delight potatoes, peeled, cut into 2.5cm-thick slices
- 310ml-375ml (1 1/4 -1 1/2 cup) Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 (about 1.2kg) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, scored underneath
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 16 fresh sage leaves (see note)
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 25g butter, extra, chilled, chopped
- 2-3 fresh thyme sprigs, extra
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 bunch kale or silverbeet, stems removed, leaves shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook potato for 5-8 minutes or until golden underneath. Arrange, golden-side up, in a baking dish. Add enough of the stock to come three-quarters of the way up side of the potato. Top with half the thyme. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, combine chicken, lemon rind and 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a glass bowl. Season. Wrap each piece of chicken in a slice of prosciutto. Top each with 2 sage leaves, a lemon slice and a sprig of remaining thyme. Use soaked bamboo skewers to secure.
- Step 3 - Heat butter and 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, lemon-side down, for 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Turn and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4 - Stir sherry and 125ml (1/2 cup) of remaining stock in the frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in extra butter and extra thyme for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in lemon juice. Keep warm.
- Step 5 - Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the shallot and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the remaining stock for 1 minute or until reduced slightly. Stir in kale leaves and cabbage. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 6 - Divide potato and chicken among plates. Drizzle over the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with the kale mixture.