Jaffa muffins with chocolate ganache
- 260g plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 80g Terry's orange chocolate, chopped
- 250g tub light sour cream
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Jaffas, crushed
- 200g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 12 x 1/2 cup (125ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Step 2 - In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in sugar and chocolate. Whisk sour cream, melted butter, milk and eggs together. Add to flour, mix carefully until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Step 3 - Divide mixture evenly into muffin pans until three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested. Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire cake rack to cool completely.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, melt chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until chocolate melts. Set aside for 1-2 hours to thicken slightly.
- Step 5 - Spread muffins with the ganache and sprinkle with crushed Jaffas.