Home-baked fish fingers
- 2 cups (200g) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500g firm white fish fillets, such as ling
- olive oil spray, for cooking
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the breadcrumbs and lime rind in a bowl and mix until combined. Place the eggs in separate bowl. Cut the fish into thin strips, about 12cm long. Dip each strip into the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat well.
- Step 2 - Place the fish fingers on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray lightly with oil spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 3 - Serve fish fingers with vegetable bundles (see note) and reduced-fat mayonnaise or tomato sauce.