Hoisin beef stir-fry
- 1/3 cup Ayam hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine hoisin sauce, shao hsing wine, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Place beef in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add half the sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 2 - Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Step 3 - Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until softened. Add broccoli and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Return beef to wok. Add remaining sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with jasmine rice.