Hawaiian pizza twists
- 1/2 x 440g can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 70g sliced leg ham
- 1/2 cup pizza cheese
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pineapple on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Step 2 - Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in dried herbs. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in centre. Add milk. Using a butter knife, stir until mixture forms a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Step 3 - Roll half the dough out to a 15cm x 20cm rectangle. Leaving a 1cm border, spread tomato paste over rectangle. Top with ham, pineapple and pizza cheese. Roll remaining dough out to a 15cm x 20cm rectangle. Place dough on top of cheese. Press down gently to compact. Pinch edges to seal. Cut crossways into six 15cm-long strips. Carefully twist each strip to form a spiral effect. Place on prepared tray, 3cm apart.
- Step 4 - Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden. Stand on tray for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in an airtight container until required.