- 250g pkt cherry truss tomatoes (see note)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 125g sliced ham, finely chopped
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 4 round multigrain rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon bought basil pesto
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the tomatoes on 1 tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Step 2 - Combine the ham and cheddar in a small bowl. Trim the top third from each roll and reserve. Pull out the centre, leaving a 1.5cm-thick shell. Place the rolls on the remaining lined tray. Divide the ham mixture between the rolls. Crack 1 egg into each roll.
- Step 3 - Bake tomatoes and rolls, placing the reserved roll on top in the last 10 minutes of cooking, for 18-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and the eggs are just set. Use scissors to cut the tomatoes into 4 portions.
- Step 4 - Combine the pesto and remaining oil in a small bowl. Divide pesto mixture among rolls. Divide the rolls and tomatoes among plates.