- 1 1/2 cups (185g) almond meal
- 150g toasted muesli
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 cup (170g) pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) currants, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs linseed or chia seeds (see note)
- 2/3 cup (110g) almonds, lightly toasted, chopped
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder (see note) or Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbs apple juice
- Step 1 - Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Step 2 - Combine all the dry ingredients, reserving 100g muesli, in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the tahini, maple syrup and apple juice, whisking until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add extra juice if mixture is dry.
- Step 3 - Press mixture into cake pan, sprinkle over remaining muesli, then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.