Gluten-free bubble and squeak patties
- 1 small (180g) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups roughly mashed potato (see notes)
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated (see notes)
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free wholegrain mustard
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- Gluten-free tomato sauce, to serve
- Baby cos leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Place broccoli florets in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Step 2 - Using a potato masher, roughly mash broccoli. Add potato, carrot, corn, chives and mustard. Stir to combine. Using damp hands, shape 2 tablespoons mixture into patties. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Step 3 - Place rice flour on a plate. Lightly coat patties in flour. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil to pan if necessary. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Serve patties with tomato sauce and cos leaves.