Gluten-free banana cupcakes with passionfruit icing
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (see note)
- 100g gluten-free margarine spread, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon zest, to serve (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pure gluten-free icing sugar, sifted
- 1 passionfruit, halved
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Step 2 - Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add caster sugar. Stir to combine. Combine banana, spread, milk and vanilla in a large jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Step 3 - Spoon mixture into cases. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in centre of 1 comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 4 - Make icing: Place icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and 1 to 2 teaspoons hot water in a bowl. Stir until icing is smooth and spreadable. Spread cupcake tops with icing. Top with lemon zest (if using). Serve.