Garlic-sesame crumbed chicken with mango salad
- 90g (1 cup) dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry
- 140g (4 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe mango, cheeks removed, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 65g (1/2 cup) South Cape Marinated Feta, crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- Step 1 - Combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds on a plate. Combine the egg, coriander, soy sauce and garlic in a shallow bowl. Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, in flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture,then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on a large plate.
- Step 3 - Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 1cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 4 - Combine the spinach, mango, feta and onion in a bowl. Serve with the chicken.