- 250g strawberries, hulled, plus 125g extra, hulled, quartered
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (120g) dried strawberries
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Step 1 - Place the fresh strawberries, sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until the strawberries are soft.
- Step 2 - Using a stick blender, blend the mixture until smooth. Add the dried strawberries and cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes or until softened slightly. Remove from heat, set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool, then stir in the extra strawberries. Serve warm or cold as a topping for vanilla ice cream.