- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rice milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 420g can super sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Rice bran oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 150g gluten-free shaved ham, finely chopped
- Step 1 - Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Whisk rice milk, eggs and 1 tablespoon lemon juice together in a bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stir in corn, chives and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Using 2 teaspoons mixture per pancake, cook 6 pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining mixture, spraying pan in between each batch.
- Step 3 - Place avocado and remaining lemon juice in a small food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 - Place half the pancakes on a platter. Top each with 1 teaspoon avocado mixture and ham. Top with remaining pancakes. Serve.