Curried cauliflower and sweet potato fritters
- 1/4 small cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine cauliflower, capsicum, sweet potato and onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add curry powder and flour. Toss to combine. Add milk and egg. Mix well.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium- high heat. Spoon 1⁄4 cup batter into pan. Spread out to form a flat round. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, each side, or until well browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding extra oil if needed.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and mango chutney in a bowl.
- Step 4 - Serve fritters with mango yoghurt and baby spinach.