Crunchy taco chicken strips with tomato and avocado salsa
- 35g packet mild taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 200g packet plain corn chips, crushed
- 8 (400g) chicken tenderloins
- Rice bran oil cooking spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Tomato and avocado salsa
- 1 large avocado, peeled, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place seasoning mix and sour cream in a shallow bowl. Stir to combine. Place chips on a plate.
- Step 2 - Dip 1 piece chicken into seasoning mixture. Coat in chips. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, seasoning mixture and chips.
- Step 3 - Spray chicken with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile make salsa: Combine avocado, tomato, lemon juice and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 - Serve chicken with lemon wedges and salsa.