Crunchy chicken drumsticks
- 3 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 large chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- olive oil cooking spray
- steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using your hands, gently crush cornflakes over a large bowl. Add paprika, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Stir until well combined.
- Step 2 - Place flour and buttermilk in separate shallow dishes. Dip drumsticks, 1 at a time, in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk and turn to coat.
- Step 3 - While drumsticks are still moist (this ensures crumbs cling), coat in cornflakes mixture, pressing on with fingertips.
- Step 4 - Place on prepared tray. Spray drumsticks with oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with steamed vegetables.