- 10 (500g) lamb cutlets, trimmed (see note)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Using your hand, gently flatten meat on each cutlet.
- Step 2 - Combine breadcrumbs, parsley and cheese on a plate. Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- Step 3 - Coat 1 cutlet in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining cutlets, flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Step 4 - Pour oil into a large frying pan until base is covered. Heat over medium heat. Cook cutlets, in batches, for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Place on a plate lined with paper towel. Serve cutlets with salad leaves.