Cottage cheese and walnut fritters with roasted cherry truss tomatoes
- 1 x 500g ctn Low-Fat Creamed Cottage Cheese
- 50g (1/2 cup) Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 30g (1/4 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 70g (3/4 cup) cornflake crumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 2 x 240g pkts cherry truss tomatoes
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2 - Combine the cottage cheese, oats, herbs, walnut, egg white and 25g (1/4 cup) of the cornflake crumbs in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Step 3 - Place the remaining cornflake crumbs on a large plate. Roll 1 heaped tablespoonful of the cottage cheese mixture into a ball. Flatten slightly to form a patty. Gently press in the cornflake crumbs to evenly coat. Place on 1 lined tray. Repeat with the remaining cottage cheese mixture and cornflake crumbs.
- Step 4 - Spray the patties with olive oil spray. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 5 - Use scissors to divide the tomatoes into 6 portions, leaving the stems intact. Place on the remaining lined tray. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes soften slightly. Serve with the fritters.