Coronation chicken and mango salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 cup mango and ginger chutney (see note)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
- 1 green oakleaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat half the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook ginger and curry powder, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chutney, apricots, mayonnaise and sauce.
- Step 2 - Cut each chicken fillet in half lengthways to form 2 thin fillets.
- Step 3 - Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board. Slice thickly.
- Step 4 - Add chicken and mango to mayonnaise mixture. Toss gently to combine. Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce and cucumber. Sprinkle with coriander and almonds. Serve with lime wedges.