Corn pikelets with tomato salsa
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 310g can corn kernels, drained or 1 cob fresh corn
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Step 1 - Sift flour, cayenne and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Stir in parmesan. Make a well in the centre. Using a fork, whisk egg and buttermilk together. Add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in corn.
- Step 2 - Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray frying pan with oil. Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan, 4 at a time. Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Step 3 - Make salsa: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve pikelets topped with salsa.