- 1 cup White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 310g can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- olive oil cooking spray
- chutney and chopped chives, to serve
- Step 1 - Sift flour into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Make a well in the centre.
- Step 2 - Whisk buttermilk and eggs in a jug. Add to flour mixture with corn kernels, creamed corn and chives. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold ingredients together until combined (don't overmix).
- Step 3 - Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot, remove from heat. Spray with oil. Return frying pan to heat. Add heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture, 3 at a time. Use a knife to spread to 8cm (diameter) rounds.
- Step 4 - Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until fritters are firm to the touch. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters. Place onto plates. Top with chives. Serve with chutney.