- 500g orange sweet potato, peeled
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, scrubbed, cut in half lengthways
- 125g sugar snap peas, topped
- 200g yellow squash, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1 - Cut sweet potato in half lengthways. Place on a large, microwave-safe plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Coarsely grate.
- Step 2 - Sift flour into a bowl. Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a jug. Add to flour. Whisk until well combined. Stir in corn and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in sweet potato.
- Step 3 - Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Using 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter, spoon mixture into hot pan, spreading to form a 12cm round. Cook fritters, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and firm to touch.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, place carrots, peas and squash in a steamer basket. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Step 5 - Place 3 fritters on each plate. Top with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt. Season with pepper. Serve with vegetables.