Corn and chive pikelets
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 x 125g cans creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives (see notes)
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Reduced-fat cream cheese, to serve
- Step 1 - Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Step 2 - Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl. Add corn. Stir to combine. Add to well. Stir to combine. Stir in chives and cheese.
- Step 3 - Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Using 1 tablespoon batter at a time, cook pikelets, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on surface. Carefully turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter to make 20 pikelets. Serve with cream cheese.