- 65g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Melted butter, to grease
- Raspberry jam, to serve
- Step 1 - Place coconut in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted and golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Step 2 - Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and coconut, and make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a jug. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Step 3 - Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter. Drop 4 heaped tablespoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining melted butter and batter, reheating pan between batches. Serve with jam.