Chocolate fairy floss cupcakes
- 125g butter, chopped
- 100g block 70% cocoa dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons rosewater essence
- Persian fairy floss, to decorate (see note)
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Step 2 - Place butter, chocolate and vanilla in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Step 3 - Sift flours and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Add sugar, eggs and milk. Whisk until well combined. Divide between pan holes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 cake has crumbs clinging. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Step 4 - Using an electric mixer, beat cream and rosewater together until soft peaks form. Place a large dollop of cream on the top of each cupcake. Decorate with the fairy floss. Serve immediately.