- 1/2 x 350g pkt frozen chocolate butter cake (Sara Lee brand), thawed, icing removed, cut into cubes
- 100g butter
- 250ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 16 white marshmallows
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 80g chocolate sprinkles
- Step 1 - Place the chocolate cake in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs form.
- Step 2 - Combine the butter, condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the butter melts and the mixture thickens and comes away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3 - Add the cake crumbs to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. Use your hands to roll 1 tablespoonful of the cake-crumb mixture around each marshmallow to enclose and form a ball.
- Step 4 - Combine the coconut and chocolate sprinkles on a large plate. Roll each chocolate ball in the coconut mixture to evenly coat. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.