Chicken pasta bakes
- 2 large (about 500g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cups (175g) small dried penne pasta
- 260g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
- 1 cup (70g) broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated light cheddar
- Step 1 - Preheat grill on high. Cook the chicken under grill for 6-7 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Coarsely chop and place in a large bowl.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, cook the pasta following packet directions until al dente.
- Step 3 - Cook the pumpkin in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the peas and broccoli and cook for a further 1 minute or until tender.
- Step 4 - Preheat oven to 180ºC. Combine the chicken, pasta, pumpkin mixture and pasta sauce in a large bowl. Divide among four 2-cup (500ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle the cheddar over each dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.